Healthy Treats by Mrs Rees was born in 2011 from our love of good, wholesome food.
Our products have come from a passion for creating treats that our children will like without containing refined sugar. They also cater for a variety of dietary sensitivities and are good for the body, without compromising on taste. We believe that everyone deserves a special treat every now and then!
It turns out that you do too, because within just a few short years we have expanded to supply over 40 retail outlets and cafes and make over 20 different products including a range of gluten free biscuits, cakes and raw chocolate.
We are a family business, with Charlotte (Mrs Rees) and Jonathan (Mr Rees) running the business, and our two young sons often "helping".
There are a number of principles we won’t compromise on:
- We run a gluten-free kitchen
- We use only unrefined, natural sugars
- We will only use free-range eggs
- We use Tasmanian ingredients wherever possible and are committed to minimising food mileage
- We use organic ingredients wherever possible
- We are inclusive – we cater for gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, vegan, and paleo lifestyles
- We believe in looking after our health and the health of the planet
- We believe in hand-made products and will always opt for employing a person rather than buying a machine
We hope you find something delicious for yourself in our online shop. You are always welcome to send feedback to us – we will get back to you as soon as we can.
Charlotte and Jonathan